Tuesday 13 January 2015

A precious Black Pearl shower gel review


As soon as I started to get slightly obbessed... with the Lush Shower gels and saw the Black Pearl (named in honour to Captain Jack Sparrow's ship in the Pirates of the Carribean) in someones collection I knew that I had to try and get my hands on it! When I saw it on the kitchen I absolutely had to grab one. It was also my first ever kitchen order! I couldn't express how happy I was to open my first Lush box with my Black Pearl, postcard and my samples. 


I had no idea no expectations for this shower gel at all! The only thing that I can relate to it from smell is the french kiss bubble bar but with more of a soap hint, but is basically crazy Lavender heaven. Black pearl has an ash black shimmer colour, you only need a tiny amount in the shower as it goes so far and lathers so well.  

Black sugar, Lavender absolute, Chamomile oil, Olibanum oil and Myrrh resinoid makes up this very mysterious unique Black pearl! It is a big must for anyone like myself who has a bit of a Lush shower gel collection going on. The overall scent isnt overly sweet and would be perfect as a unisex fragrance.


I heard a little sweet story that Johnny Depp bought each cast and crew member when finishing the Pirates of the Carribean a Black Pearl bath ballistic (a matching scent) of Butterball size with silver lustre glitter inside, turning the water a greyish colour and a "fortune cookie" style message within.

What are your thoughts on the Black Pearl shower gel?

 Libby xoxo

1 comment: